Sunday, March 26, 2006

Now with Minty Fresh Aluminum!


And here is the house in the condition that we found it. See those people in the photo? They're looking for the Stickley House. They heard that there was one in the neighborhood somewhere but when they went to look for it, all they found was this giant green monstrosity.

Actually, I shouldn't complain, its not that bad. And it did come with some industrial strength clotheslines. Some people have pools and patios. We have clotheslines. And there's an industrial strength swing set in the back yard too. What a steal! I hope I'm up to date on my tetanus shots.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Love the awnings. The siding guy must have been having a sale that day. Buy the siding getting the awning half off.

Anonymous said...

Well, as you say, it's not that bad. But, the colors, awnings, roof, do not do the style justice!

Brian said...

Yes, the awnings are beautiful. I think they make the house look really sleepy. What you can't see from this picture is that the awnings were originally a dark green color and then painted white. I've taken most of them off except for two that are on the second story on the south gable. I'll need a friend with a ladder for that one. Now they're in a pile in the backyard. My wife is a big fan of the "pile".

stonehouse2129 said...

Awesome house! Welcome to houseblogs. Can't wait to see more.

Robyn said...

Welcome to Irvington!