Wednesday, July 18, 2007

And Welcome Back......

So it's been awhile. A lot has changed. But I refuse to apologize for not posting for nearly a year. I'm not going to be THAT GUY.

Anyway, here's a little tip for you newspaper subscribers out there. Tip your carrier at Christmas...and frankly any other time of the year.

These guys get up at the crack's crack of dawn to pick up your paper, assemble it, bag it and get it to your door by 6 in the morning. It's a thankless job that doesn't pay much.

And if you don't, you'll probably go through what I went through this past winter.




This went on for months before I figured out what the problem was. I'm a cheap bastard. I tipped him $20 and the very next day, my paper ended up on my front porch. Lesson learned.

3 comments:

Redhoon said...

Happy to see you back!

Fargo 1928 said...

Have you made any progress with the aluminum siding yet? My house is suffocating under its 1975 coat, but I'm afraid to take it off. Mostly the fear is from the cost of disposing of the siding, but I'm also concerned it will hurt the resale value... any thoughts?

DYSB said...

Thanks for the comment Fargo, yes we've removed our siding. I rented a lift over the weekend and pulled it down and hauled it away to the scrapyard. Recycling it at the scrapyard made us over $900 which will help pay for the repairs underneath. That's going to be the real cost though. Sometimes you never know what you'll find underneath. When you're ready to take the siding off, make sure your bank accounts are ready too.