Sunday, November 11, 2007

Awwww Hail No!

So not having posted in awhile, I realized that I've neglected to point out several important changes that have happened to the house in the last year or so.

Remember me telling you about the nasty hail storm we had back in the spring of 2006? No? Really? Well, you can read about it here.

Anyway, so we had some damage to our siding and we lost a few storm windows.






Not awful, but it certainly didn't make our house look any prettier.

When we started talking to our insurance company, we found out that they don't make our aluminum siding anymore.

Darn. Shucks. What ever will we do?

Guess that means we'll have to make other plans. Like tearing it all off for good. Oh yeah, that's right. You read that correctly. Things just got ugly. Real ugly.



2 comments:

carmen said...

I seriously can't wait to see what it looks like with your restored siding. I also really like the title of this blog entry.

Garden Monkey said...

I'm so excited when I see someone else tearing off the most terrible of all inventions.. aluminum siding! I started last spring... and I'm just now putting up (or having someone put up) the new siding.
Kudos to you for taking on the restoration of one of the greats!!