Monday, May 26, 2008

Pink and Purple Houses

The painting has started....well sorta. The priming has started. The painters started on the lower half of the house last week and had much of it primed by the time I came home from work.





It was weird looking. Not because our primer is purple....but because our house doesn't look like a pile of garbage anymore.

Well, okay. At least it's a purple pile of garbage. It's appealing to those that like purple garbage.

And let me just state for the record that picking out paint colors was one of the worst experiences of my life. I hope I never have to go through that again.



After 13 quarts and 5 mini samples....we finally have our colors.

For those that are interested, we chose the following: (All are Benjamin Moore)

1st Level: Bittersweet Chocolate
2nd Level: Fatigue Green
Trim: Fairview Taupe
Sash: Townsend Harbor Brown

Amazingly we're getting lots of comments from people who like the purple primer color.

That doesn't include one neighbor who remarked "That's not your actual color is it?"

No sir....that's not our actual color. By the way, I've never told you how lovely your faded pink bungalow looks. No really, I love it.

1 comments:

Mickey said...

"Bittersweet" and "fatigue"? Am I sensing a theme or did something subliminal creep in on you?