Monday, May 26, 2008

Your Firearms Are Useless Against Them!

Saturday I noticed a bee had found it's way into the bathroom. At first I didn't think much of it other than OH S**T A BEE! Our windows had been open for a few days and perhaps one snuck in through a hole in a screen somewhere.

Then a few minutes later, while taking some laundry to the basement, I was greeted by another. And another...and another..... And 7 more after that.

OH F**K! THERE ARE BEES IN THE BASEMENT!!!

How the hell does that happen? Do bees even like basements?

After successfully coating my entire basement in Raid, I went upstairs to let the dogs out. And cry a little. That's when I noticed it. Just outside the back of our house was a swarm of bees buzzing around a hole in the side of the house.

Here's a photo of the hole....and yes, that's our plumbing...and no, I have no idea why it's like that.



There were easily 50 to 80 bees buzzing around the hole. I was pissed off. And a little scared. Mostly scared.

I flooded the hole with Raid (Thank goodness that stuff shoots out in a stream). After a few confusing seconds of watching their brothers and sisters die, the rest packed their little bee bags and left town.

Good thing the wife wasn't home. She would have moved out permanently.

Anyway, while thinking up a title for this post, I was reminded of the following scene from Tommy Boy regarding bees.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

carmen said...

omg. that is hilarious. the video, of course, and the not the bee situation. i'm sure em would've loved them.