Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ladies & Gentleman....The Doors!

Okay so I know I'm really behind....we've been busy. More on that later.

I wanted to share that we found a suitable salvage door at a nearby salvage shop, White River Salvage

The door we're replacing is this monstrosity.



We wanted something that was similar to the original back door off our kitchen. Here's a photo.

Say hello Miles. Hello Miles!



And here's the one we picked out.



Very close...except without the dividers in the glass. We opted for this one because there is a three pane transom above the door and the wife couldn't handle it if the transom was three panes across and the door was two. Sheesh!

And, we're changing the door around so the door opens inward and we're adding a full-view screen/glass door for the exterior.

So Miles can look out the window.

3 comments:

Emily said...

That dog is so damn cute!

Kristen said...

I just found your blog, I know where have I been? Any way, you have my favorite Stickley house plan and one of my favorite kinds of dogs. I agree with emily... that dog is cute! Good luck with your preservation, it will be worth it.

carmen said...

those doors are great! thanks so much for the pizza & drinks the other night. you have to come over soon - like i said, as long as you aren't afraid of turning a toilet on & off at the valve. we're classy, i know.